Monday, June 19, 2006

It starts with a 'B' or a 'Narf!'

Narf! Is updating your blog meant to feel like such a chore? Well...it may just have something to do with the fact that i've become such a comment whore of late! (I'm actually on the verge of asking a fellow blogger to let me move into their comment page. Any takers?) I've actually forgotten what this whole blog thing is about (again) (now that i no longer have a cause or an ideology or even anything interesting to blog about - did I ever?).
Narf! I hate blogging about blogging! And... I'm scared of site meters, especially those ones with the world map where the red dots grow, I cant help but notice when the largest ones seems to hover over lagos. That scares the me out of me like "Did I do that all by my little self? Am I a cyber-stalker? Even though I know I'm not the only blogger in Lagos why do I feel so guilty?". Liberate yourself - take down the site meters burn the maps! be free! Its the inbuilt counter on your profile that really matters! If you won't do it for yourself at least do it for me! And If google are really paying you for those ads spread the love!
God I'm hungry! I may just be on the verge of an eating-disorder. Considering the fact that I'm a sack of bones and hair everyone would probably be happy for me just before the obesity sets in. This desire to stuff my face was caused by Christian Bale's potrayal of really skinny ('cause he hadn't slept in a year...hmmm?) dude Trevor Reznik in The Machinist (A film I'm currently obsesed with and I've watched at least 5 times since last friday - I wonder how i make the time?)... Wait lemme find a picture, as they say they're worth a million (or is that a thousand) words and i have no plans of writing that much tonite - I've promised myself i'll be in bed by 2 a.m. What? Oh yeah the picture:
There's this one line in the movie that makes me want to eat everything in sight: "If you were any thinner you wouldn't exist". I'm still hungry. I won't spoil this film for anyone who hasn't seen it (but I'll spoil X3 - Cyclops dies so does prof. X and I shed a tear for the rape of the Marvel universe and the insulting compression of Stan Lee's genius. Sorry...too late for a spoiler warning, shey. sorry again.) I'll just say its the best thing I've seen since 'Lost in Translation'...But I'll just like to know why I never heard of this film when everytime Renee Zwhatshernameagain has to put on the pounds for Bridget Jones the news is everywhere!
Narf! I hate Khaki! I always have, ever since Ijanikin (Please click on strange ass word to your left- your other left-to read a classic post by Mr. Delot about my Alma Mata-the strange word- it brought a flood of memories and reminded me why plastic buckets were so sacred. I'll like to thank Delot and have a moment of silence for my lost innocence...) and now I face the prospects of having to wear it again (and I'm not talking about some fancy stuff from GAP here). I had to got to the other school I went to (the university of lagos is not my Alma Mata! I just 'went' there for a couple years to get 'ejewcated'), to fill my NYSC form. If you've never heard of it NYSC stands for the National (or is it Nigerian) Youth Service Corp (I think) and it involves spending a year in another state doing Godknowswhat service for the coutry (I won't go into how I don't feel the country is worth serving 'cos I hear patriotic Nigerian bloggers calling for my head already), getting paid a salary that laughs at itself soon as you cash it and wearing khaki. I hear its the last port of call for people that 'didnt get none' in uni, I was no don juan myself but i'll pass on all that out of state action to get on with my life in ways in which I see fit. But alas, the life i just claimed isnt actually mine since my parents plc. own a 99.75% (I'll explain the math someday) stake in it...
Narf!...too be continued...not! Look at the time. I've got people to see 2mrw/2day peace!

12 comments:

Quest said...

Shall we collectively weep for what has become of too me to blog? how can you not enjoy blogging? you are so strange. anyway...maybe give up the blog idea if it isn't working for you. Permanent residence on comment pages...that may not be a bad idea. At least now you've notified us that YOU HATE BLOGGING.

I haven't seen the machinist (ttl -thank the lord). Why does Bale have to starve himself. What's the story?

chrome said...

I don't know when it happened. first it was the personal thoughts, no comments, no stickers. then the craze started.

NYSC was a sobering experience. I spent a year in Jos with one of my hated "frata" enemies. The first day was tense and a half. Now we best friends. what a useless summary of my nysc year >:(

dude "the machinist" is off the heeezay. dark movies rock!!! you couldn't spoil it if you tried.

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

you can move in on my comments page LOL...
no blogger hate here oh. please update you blog regularly for me...
as for NYSC.. i doubt i will ever do that...i dont think i'm ready to experience that experience..my cousin is serving in maiduguri..talk about hell.

Morountodun said...

I guess you are another person who didn't see the bit after the credits in X3

Anonymous said...

@morountodun: apparently TMTB is the only man in this bloggosphere who didnt read my rampant publicising of the fact that there was a twist at the end of x-men. shaaaaaammmmmeeeee!!!
I sympathise with blogblock but a total dislike for it...???...nah!
keep blogging builder...keep blogging

Nneka's World said...

Please dont say anything yet about XM3 i still have not seen it! So now i know that Prof X and cyclops die!!!!!! Oh well i would just have to hold my breathe for the twist at the end and please no one should say anything about the twist in the end.

NYSC- i have been hunted for the past 3 years to go and serve, i said if i am not in Lagos or Abuja, forget it! There is no way i am going to go to some bush or far away land in the name of serving my country.


Hate blogging, love blogging, hate blogging, love blogging........

toometoblog said...

@ everchange-I never said I hate blogging. I said I hate blogging about blogging. Theres a big difference there. You should see the machinist (theres nothing to ttl for) its indie-ish, you'ld like it.

@ obi-I was guessing thats how it all started but do u really want to know IP addys and visit durations? Thats deep. Nice summary, at least i can look foward to making new friends out of old enemies.

@ Onada- I'll ignore your 'LOL' and tell u straight that u asked for it. You're eventually going to have to kick me out. I now officially blog for u.

@ morountodun- The end doesn't change the fact that the movie was disrespectful to its source material.

@ Delot- Twist or not...narf! i said it already. I will keep blogging and building.

@ Nneka- I'm sorry about that. I assumed that every man, woman and child on our planet had seen it already (and they were only keeping it in cinemas cos martians were still interested). There are other things to look foward too if u eventually see it.
I'm with u on the Lagos or Abuja thing but my chances are rather slim so i'll pray for least bushy and far away place possible.

tori said...

there was a bit AFTER the credits?

trae_z said...

it involves spending a year in another state doing Godknowswhat service for the coutry...getting paid a salary that laughs at itself soon as you cash it and wearing khaki.
omo i feel you oh, NYSC no easy but it has also got its nice sides. i'm up for the september batch too...it'd be funny if we're posted to the same state.

have you heard from Ayo, the soundsofnigeria guy?

toometoblog said...

For real, that'd be funny, something to look foward to but with probability sha its rather unlikely.
Do you know Ayo? I was wondering how he found my blog. Yeah we've been in contact. thanks for the hook up.

TEMITAYO OMOLOLA said...

NYSC is not soo bad. but i feel you on the "it involves spending a year in another state doing God knows what service for the coutry...getting paid a salary that laughs at itself soon as you cash it and wearing khaki". Dont worry, at least you're sure of one thing ok two. 1. The Khakis will be oversized and look horrendous on you. 2. If you're lucky it really might be your chance to get "some".

Aramide said...

Eugghhh this picture lol...meanwhile your blog still cracks me up...yep too cool to blog mate! Go on son