Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So the news and the other news

well my mum is leaving town today, shes going to have an operation in the UK (paying through her teeth). Its something thats shes had to push back for a while now but she thinks now the time to do it. You know if it was my body i'll be quick to share info with y'all. Rather glummy blog material and i can't think of any jokes to smooth it over with. its been on my mind for a while but i didn't want to blog about it. i hope this makes it out of the 'create post' page and doesnt end up with my 'war of the sexes?' post and all the other ones i wasn't inspired to finish. i've been feeling rather meh, narfed, kpanshed etc. and I've been out of touch with the world (except u guys of course. KEEP THE BLOG ALIVE! ENTERTAIN ME).

this post was supposed to be called 'the good news and the bad news' until i realized that everything i had to say was a shade of grey and not black and white per se. But if there was good news its that were finally getting some radio play on Raypower 100.5 on Dr. Gees shows (shout out to him- hes played us thrice since saturday without payola) so if u want me to blow and get my own reebok trainers contract, maybe even date beyonce when i retire call them to play it...dreams. We? LMN-3 with our single "lovin' it" (we wrote it b4 the little brother song) and my man Deck featuring yours trully with his single "Origin". My phones been ringing of the hook since then but its mostly flashing, so i guess we still ain't shit. the fucked up thing is that i'm not hyped about it and its like i'm letting my peeps down cause i'm usually the one thats hyped about stuff.
You can check out the joints on www.soundclick.com/illalliance (shout out to c0dec for keeping the link alive) just click on music (boring bio- i wrote it, i know). the songs are there somewhere but those are rough mixes i'll hook u guys up with the real stuff soon. i'm on 2nd verses on both songs(i.e I ride shotgun in a street car named desire- Lovin' it. You can cry me a river, I'll build a bridge over it- Origin). You can check out our other shit if u promise not to laugh. Peace.

19 comments:

toometoblog said...

@ monie- Thanks, i know she'll be aight and please do pray for us all. Thanks again. And when we do blow free sneakers for all (you get two-pair:)

@ jonah- wassup man ur link stopped working for a while. thanks. the distortion has somethin to do wit soundclick but i'll hook up the mixed versions soonest

Quest said...

Didn't know you were a musician...now I feel bad. Will check it out.

Morountodun said...

Keep your head up bro.

toometoblog said...

@everchange- u feel bad? its not the end of the world, i'll live. its not such a bad word, i've been called worse :)

@morountodun- i'm keeping my chin high too. thanks.

Noella said...

Hey you,
Really sorry to hear about your mum, I'm sure it's worrying, but keep your head up, I know its going to be fine. God will take care of you and her while she's away from you. He's already provided the funds so let him take care of the rest.
By the way: FINALLY a proper blog....YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Quest said...

hmm. I really liked champagne supanova. Who's singing and who's rapping? They won't let me download it though.

I agree with Jojo about sound quality.

? said...

Asides being a visitor to this blog, I do not know you personally, but as a reader: I was very sorry to read about your mum. I am sure she will be fine. You must have faith.

And on the remainder of your post, it looks certain you will be a great star, in whatever you do. I would like this to happen for you.

Wishing you all the best.

Will visit this blog again soon.

Anonymous said...

Gods with your mother, keep praying and keep positive.
your rhymes are tight...not joking. i like the way you guys dont attempt to sound American in any way, but speak with "our" accents - but with well defined speech patterns of course. e.g. origin: "...whys my moda...searching for my broda...". i'll tell you this thought (and you probably know it yourself) the creative industry is full of arrogant self adulating twats who cant see talent if it sends roman showers in their faces. basically, no matter how many knobs turn you down or tell you they aint feeling you, just keep your head up and keep putting your stuff out there. you guys hav talent to spare and then some. you're now numbers 1-7 on my mp3 player (i love it when naija boys kick ass)

Anonymous said...

p.s. who opens the first verse on Great man? His lyrics dont necessarily stand out from the others (you guys are all pretty dope) but its the lisp that makes him very very distinct. A rapper with a lisp...this could catch on...copyright it now!

tori said...

My music taste must suck.

:grin:

I have a horrid feeling people are going to misunderstand this post, so I'll do a disclaimer now:its a private joke.

c0dec said...

Nanda Dattebayo! How momsie?

toometoblog said...

Thanks guys, ur all the ish (in ur own ways). my mums alright, shes moving at the pace of one email per hour. thanks for ur words, they mean a lot - in an unsoapy way.

@ dilch- well what do u know, it is a blog.
@ everchange- thats me rapping and thanks to the art of sampling arto lindsay singing. u may have to register to download it.
@ obokun- thanks man.
@ Delot- lol @ 'moda' and 'broda' thanks man. the rapper with the lisp is cougar but we can't patent that cause of peeps like AZ, Kool G rap etc.
@ Darkchild- Update ur blog asap.
@tori- meh
@c0dec- she dey o. which episode naruto don reach now?

chrome said...

fuck me big time! jesus h. khrist!

Talk about hiding information in the bare back open. whats up wid that? though i knew you're into hip hop big I never knew you were that deep an emcee! keeping ish quiet? why? and c0dec never let on ish (after pointing me in ur blog's direction). c'mon man thats foul not saying nothing. I'm so feeling those tracks. The ill alliance joints are ritcher scale 8.5. don't do that again. last warning.

Quest said...

on another note I still would like to see the battle of the sexes post.

c0dec said...

@obi
hey man, but i did right here, and the ill alliance link has always been on my blog since day 1. your bad man ;)

toometoblog said...

@ Obi- LMAO! but we're still working on our kungfu. it isn't jedi master ready yet, plus ure on AH.com and i guessed u'ld have peeped it there

@ everchange- the iron is no longer hot. i dunno, it may need some (major) editing.

@Codec- why u dey leak our secret identities homie.

c0dec said...

your internet presence didnt matter then, it didnt matter then. fixed though. didnt realize i was breaking the super-hero code with your head all up in my face.

chrome said...

i'm like one of those people that can't smell good good coffee in the morning. my bad. I'm on it, slurping the good vibes

Aramide said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED so tag along please [aramide.blogspot.com]